Friday, February 3, 2012

"Timely" Birthday (masculine)

This masculine birthday card took me some time to figure out, based on the Day 3 sketch of CPS (http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/2012/01/cps-5th-anniversary-day-3-with-angie.html). I'm always uncomfortable putting anything at an angle!!!  I didn't have the scalloped die that would have copied the sketch so I stuck to the standard card shape.

Stamps used:
Boat: Enjoy the Sunshine (GinaK Designs)
Sentiment: Whimsical Wishes (GKD)

Materials used:
Background DP: Webster's Pages Trendsetter "Ladies/Gents"
Sails: Scrap paper
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Broken China
Memento Tuxedo Black
Fabscraps bronze pearls
Tim Holtz distress paper

Tools used:
Small circle punch (only used it on the corner to create the inverted corner effect on the sentiment)
Corner rounder (on main image panel)
Tonic paper trimmer
Scor-Pal
Foam blender

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I struggle so much with masculine cards and this one is FAB!! Thanks for celebrating our 5th anniversary with us at CPS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this! I love angles (of course I can never do anything straight so have to go for intentional angles anyway) but it really all works together brilliantly! It actually gives a sense of movement to the yacht.

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...