Friday, February 3, 2012

Wedding card (non-traditional)

I like to sometimes make an unusual card for an event. Such as this wedding card in unexpected colors. The sentiment is perfect though and therefor the trees (one of my favorite images):
This card is also for the CPS anniversary Day 4 (http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/2012/02/cps-5th-anniversary-day-4-with-jeanne.html). I turned the sketch on its side and omitted and bling. Instead of the additional "circle" element, I replaced it with the knotted bronze thread.

This card is also for: http://stampinsistersinchrist.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-124-ph-48.html

Stamps used:
Tree Silhouettes (GinaK Designs)

Materials used:
Tim Holtz Distress inks: Antique Linen, Aged Mahogany
Memento Tuxedo Black
Bronze DMC metallic embroidery thread
Background DP: Fabscraps "Heritage Small Floral"
Mounted on Tim Holtz Distress paper

Tools used:
Tonic paper trimmer
Scor-Pal
Corner rounder
Foam blender

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love the colors! Thanks for playing the CPS Anniversary Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, this is beautiful! I love your trees and how you stamped off. Wonderful card, thanks for sharing with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenges this week *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Absolutely Gorgeous!!! There is something about the vibe of this card that makes me just want to step back and catch my breath.

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...