Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Vintage CAS


Usually when I think of "vintage" I'm picturing lots of floral embellishments, flourishes, laces, ribbons, pearls etc. In short - "BUSY" cards :D. I DO like the look of vintage but struggle with all the bits as I'm more comfortable with CAS or something related to it. So I started playing today with some vintage looking stamps from Marianne Design (CS0857) but kept it clean & simple.
I stamped my "DP" with some images of the set in Memento Desert Sand, London Fog and of course Tuxedo Black. I love the combination of beige / creams with the starker accent of black.

The sentiment & flourishes are from Papertrey Ink (Think Big Favorites #12 and Spiral Bouquet - See http://www.redcardcorner.blogspot.com/p/stamps-i-use.html)

Playing along with:

5 comments:

  1. dis hoe ek ook van vintage hou!
    Pragtig gedoen Riette!
    Mooi dag vir jou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a style of vintage I love .I struggle to add embellishing so this card appeals to me .Love the colour combo of the images and the sponging of edges ..
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very nicely stylised card well done and thank you for joining us at Robyns Fetish challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, really love the vintage feel to this card.

    Thanks for joining the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vintage card is so pretty, love the soft tones and the beautiful MD stamps!! Great job,
    Thanks for joining our MARIANNE DESIGN DIVA'S challenge,

    Good luck and please join our new challenge too!!

    HUgs MDD DT Blankina

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...