Friday, June 7, 2013

Banners and flags

It seems banners & flags are still very popular and although I haven't used it too often I'm growing fond of it too for interesting elements, texture (not all glued down) and a great way to use up scraps. I don't usually try and consciously combine challenges, but these worked out perfectly:
I made this for:
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2013/06/make-it-monday-119.html (Flagged borders)
and
http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/2013/06/cfc104.html (Banners & Flags!)
and
http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.ae/2013/06/freshly-made-sketches-89-sketch-by-rita.html











and
http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2013/06/tuesday-trigger-all-sweetness-light.html












which combined ended up like this:



 There's a lot of different sources of paper in here: GinaK (Petals & Wings), We R Memory Keepers and some odds & ends I don't remember. Banners cut by hand.
Sentiment: Papertrey Ink Think Big Favorites #12
Background image stamp: Papertrey Ink Spiral Bouquet 

11 comments:

  1. Riette this is just so gorgeous and love the little pearl accents. Thanks so much for my lovely prize which I received in the post this week. I have also popped a little something in the post for you and the tracking number is: PE 687 329 434 ZA.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! You would get my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, lots of interesting elements that you've combined beautifully. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 challenges! Genius. This card is a lovely take on all 4! Lovin' the embellishment and the way you framed the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card and a great combination of the challenges! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Riette! Love those banners! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I love how the banners are layered and skewed and perfectly imperfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love how you layered the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very elegant card. The yellow background really makes the banner pieces work together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Riette! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...