Sunday, January 25, 2015

DS4J release - Golf

I remember my Dad had a very short-lived golfing hobby when I was still very young.  My younger sister and I still recount (again last week!!) the story of how we went with him when he went to play golf during a holiday at a  course where there were a lot of pine trees.  We wanted to pick as many pine cones as we could but of course we had nothing to carry it in. But behind us there were other golfers and in our young minds we suspected that those people are going to take all the pine cones for themselves!  So we proceeded to "hide" as many pine cones as we could along the course. In bushes, little streams, shrubs, you name it.  The next day we went armed with large plastic bags and retrieved as many as we could find (remember)!!  I must have been around 11 years old hahahaha. That was a good memory....

So here is a posthumous, humorous tribute to my Dad's short-lived golfing experience (he really wasn't very good).  Miss my Dad every single day but rejoice that we will meet again in heaven.  He would have loved this.

 I added some glossy accents to the clubs for shine and a little dimension:

I used the sketch from Happy Little Stampers as my inspiration:

Digistamps4Joy BLOG
Digistamps4Joy SHOP

Sharing with:
http://www.ttcrd.blogspot.com/2015/01/ttcrd-challenge-jan20-jan26.html
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/01/crafty-calendar-january-challenge-whats.html (New image!)

5 comments:

  1. O, ek hou van jou oulike storie met die dennebolle by die golfbaan, Riette!!! En dis lekker om later jare dit te onthou en weer daaroor te lag, ne!!!! Ek is seker jou pa sou so baie van hierdie oulike kaartjie gehou het!! Baie mooi CAS en ek hou van die bietjie blink op die stokke!!! Baie oulik, Riette!!!
    Lekker week vir julle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card in memory of your dad. I love the image and the sentiment. So lovely!! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The golf and the pine cones will live on as wonderful memories Riette. Your image is just awesome and your card is simply adorable. Your father would have loved it I'm sure. Thank you for playing along with us at Through The Craft Room Door this week and we hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs,
    Asmah
    [TTCRD DT Member]
    [Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card with great details! Thank you for sharing your work with TTCRD this week and please play with us again.

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...